Seasons Illustrated is currently looking to take on a limited number of contributors for our upcoming studies! If you have a passion for writing and a heart for community, this is a great opportunity for you. We are so excited to get to know each other – apply here or read more below!
Curious about Seasons Illustrated? You can read more on our about page, but here are the basics:
Who we are: We are, first and foremost, an open and accepting community of Christians from all denominations and walks of life. We are also Bible journaling community of more than 2,800 people (and counting!), who meets over Facebook and Instagram to share our work and what we’re learning.
What we do: The heart of our community is Bible journaling – studying and connecting with the Biblical text in a new and creative way. We put out weekly prompts via this site and our mailing list, and publish seasonal studies in eBook or print form. While Bible journaling experience is preferred for this position, it is not required.
How we started: Seasons Illustrated began as an Advent Bible journaling challenge in late 2015. The Advent Bible journaling devotional that went along with our study, Advent Illustrated, was available both as an eBook and a print book, and became the #1 seller in Christian Bible Studies on Amazon.
We are looking to take on a select number of writers who are comfortable writing creative devotional reflections on an assigned Bible verse. For a sample of what we are looking for, please check out examples here and here!
We are looking for writers who:
- Have experience writing, either for their own blog, for contributor sites, or for other publications.
- Either have experience in Bible journaling or are willing and eager to start!
- Can contribute to the site on a monthly basis for at least 3 months.
Applicants from any and all denominations (or non-denominations) are accepted and welcomed!
About the contributor position
We are SO excited to be branching out into a contributor site! We are currently working on our Lent study and making plans for other studies this year. We are looking for contributors who can contribute to the site and to the studies and we would love to have you on board!
What’s in it for you!
- A fun and supportive creative team of fellow writers and creatives
- A passionate and engaged community and readership of thousands
- A chance to promote your favorite charities for our seasonal charity selection, when we donate up to half our proceeds to a charity that reflects the heart of the community (our Advent winner was St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, to whom we were able to donate $1000)
- The potential to be taken on as a paid contributor in the future
We do not use advertising on this site, and our Patreon account covers hosting expenses and the cost of an editor. Our devotional guides have until now been priced at $2 each so that they are affordable to anyone, and a major portion of the proceeds of our eBook studies have gone to charities such as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. As a result we cannot and do not offer pay for site contributors at the present time; however, we are working out the logistics and legalese to take on paid contributors in the future. When this happens, those with experience writing for Seasons Illustrated will be considered first.
Other questions? Please email email@example.com.