Here at Seasons Illustrated, we love the work we do. We love getting to dig deep into the Bible, writing prompts, and seeing your beautiful work in our Facebook group. But creating these studies takes lots of work, time, and money on our parts. So while we love to create free studies like the Women of Valor study when we can, we do have to charge for our other studies to make sure that we can keep putting these studies out.
In an attempt to keep our studies affordable for our readers, we use pay-what-you-want pricing with a base rate, so that if you cannot afford the $10 recommended price for a study, you can pay as little as $5. However, some people in our community can not afford to pay money for Bible journaling at all. We still want these beloved members of our Seasons Illustrated family to be able to join us. That’s why, for the second time, we are using scholarships for our Len t Illustrated study.
This past winter, our team received 42 requests for a scholarship to participate in our Advent Illustrated study. Those requests included families living on one minimum wage income, retired women and men with a very limited budget, and a woman in a remote village in India who wanted to share the Bible with young girls in her community. Thanks to the generosity of the Seasons Illustrated group, we were able to fund every single request. We’re hoping we can do that again this Lent.
Here’s how Lent scholarships work:
- People who cannot afford to pay for Lent Illustrated can fill out an application and be added to our scholarship waiting list.
- On our sales page, you can purchase a $5 Lent Illustrated scholarship for someone else. You will receive a certificate thanking you for your donation.
- If you would like to pay for multiple scholarships, just pay a multiple of $5. For example, if you pay $15 dollars, three studies will be made available in your name.
- When you purchase a scholarship, one person will be removed from the waiting list. She will receive a free Lent Illustrated eBook, as well as all associated freebies and resources, and a certificate naming her a Lent Illustrated scholar.
- The recipient of the scholarship will join in our study just like everyone else!